The best pizza is the one we will make ourselves…
1 hour preparation
20 ‘ cooking
Total: 1 hour and 20 ‘
For the dough
- 1 spoon sweet dry yeast
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2/3 flitz. of tea lukewarm water
- 2 flitz. teaspoon flour for all uses
- 1/2 spoon sweet salt
- 1/4 flitz. tea olive oil
For the overlay
- 500-700 gr. cheese KARAKANAS , grated
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil soup
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 kg of tomatoes (in summer), peeled and grated on a grater (or 1½ can of whole tomatoes with their liquids, grated in a multi)
- 20 leaves of fresh basil (in summer) or 20 leaves of fresh mint or 1 tsp. soup dry oregano, grated
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- Dough: Put the yeast, sugar and lukewarm water in a bowl and mix. Leave the mixture in a warm place, until bubbles appear on its surface. Put the flour, the oil and the yeast mixture in the mixer and work them well for 5-8 minutes, until we prepare a smooth dough. Spread it with a little olive oil and let it “rest” for 20 minutes in a warm place, covered, until it doubles in volume. Knead it with your hands for a while and divide it into 4 equal parts, which we shape into balls and leave for another 20 minutes, until they double in volume. Tomato sauce: In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic in olive oil for 15 seconds on high heat. Add the tomato and cook over very high heat, until all its liquids evaporate. Just before withdrawing, add the spices of your choice and season with salt and pepper. Pizzas: Preheat the oven to 200º C. Open each dough ball with the rolling pin, in thin trays. Spread a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) of tomato sauce on each tray and cover with the KARAKANAS cheese. Place the pizzas in pizza pans and bake for 10-15 minutes, in portions.
- The recipe for the dough we give you is easy, relatively quick and very tasty, which you will find out for yourself if you make it. To save time, you can make pizzas using large Arabic pies that you will find in all the big supermarkets, you just have to bake them less, just to melt the cheese, because otherwise they will burn.
- If you do not have pizza pans, you can use any round pan, with very low walls, to bake the dough well.
- The amount of sauce is large. What you do not use you will keep in the refrigerator for another use, e.g. in spaghetti.