Trachanas is for Pelion an invigorating breakfast, a soothing dinner but also material in pie fillings as in this recipe here. The combination with KARAKANAS feta will take off your final result!
Total: 1 hour
- 250 gr. sweet wheat trachanas
- 800 ml homemade vegetable broth
- 350 ml fresh whole milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50 gr. KARAKANAS sheep butter + 15 gr. extra for the pan, melted
- 250 gr. slice CARAKANAS, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soup fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano, finely chopped)
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 80 gr. breadcrumbs
- For the trachanopita, put the broth or water to a boil in a saucepan and add the trachana.
- Stir so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and boil until the trachanas is almost done. Be careful, if we overcook it, it gets muddy.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the trachanopita, preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- Grease the pan and, if you want, bake it so that it heats up very well (so that the trachanopita does not stick).
- At the same time, add the eggs, KARAKANAS butter, oregano to the trachana and mix.
- Add the KARAKANAS feta, mix gently and season with salt and pepper (in moderation, because the feta is salty).
- Pour the mixture into the pan, sprinkle with toast and bake the trachanopita for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
If you take trachana flour, you will put less liquid and you will cook it less.