The most fluffy and fragrant cake. We enjoy it for breakfast but also with our afternoon tea or coffee.
10 – 12 pieces
Total: 1 hour and 20 ‘
- 180 gr. KARAKANAS butter + a little for the form
- 200 gr. (1 cup) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 capsule of vanilla powder
- 10 gr. (1/2 sachet) baking powder
- 250 gr. (2 cut cups) flour for all uses + extra for the form
- 50 gr. (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
For the icing
- 150 gr. (1 + 1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons soup with lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Beat the KARAKANAS butter with the sugar in the mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla one by one, beating well after each addition. Once the eggs are incorporated and the mixture is fluffy, gradually add the flour with the baking powder, beating at a lower speed.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and zest. Stop the mixer for a while to collect the mixture from the walls of the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Butter and flour a round mold with a hole or an elongated cake and pour in the mixture (the round will not be covered all the way with the mixture).
- Bake for 50 minutes. To make sure it is ready, dip a knife in the center – if it comes out with traces of wet dough, bake a little more and try again.
- Remove the cake from the oven, wait 10 minutes and unmold.
For the icing
- Put the icing in a bowl and add the lemon juice little by little, stirring with a whisk, until it becomes a standing icing.
- Pour it over the lukewarm cake. Allow the cake to cool and the icing to stabilize.
The icing, in addition to the taste and sweetness it gives to the cakes, helps them stay fresh and not dry on the surface.